Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Elk

The end of August was CRAZY
My parents came out a few times to visit/build their house
My parents are planning on retiring north of Spokane {Spokompton}
Which is very exciting since I plan to live in Spokane!

They bought 20 acres out in Elk a while ago
But now they are finally building their house
It is going to be entirely custom!
Which means a lot of work & a lot of time in Spokane!

On top of picking out floors, cabinets, deciding on an entire floor plan, counter tops, electrical sockets, drilling a well, septic, placement, carpet, tile, granite, etc, etc, etc.... my dad was transferred to Connecticut short notice {as always:)} & on my birthday {as always}!
So on top of building a custom home my dad moved all the way across the country!
My mom is staying in Maple Valley/Spokane to finish the house & sell the other one!!
SO IT HAS BEEN CRAZY!

I will start with the property...

It is beautiful!






 My mom standing on her future porch!


 

It is so amazing out there!


Next step, drilling the well!


A couple weeks ago my mom came out to watch the well be drilled
9 gallons a minute at about 400 feet!!
PRETTY AWESOME!

My parents are pretty excited!
It is awesome having my mom come visit me every other week :}
But it stinks having my daddy so far away working so hard :[
Bitter sweet.
The three hour time difference is the hardest!


My mom is now back in Maple Valley selling the house & getting some stuff done there
The Elk house should be built in the next 5 months so you will be seeing lots of post on it!
After the house is built my mom will join my daddy in Connecticut!
My dad is living in the city 5 minutes from his work in an apartment!

Overall, August was a heavy month & there is so much more left to do!


PS: I am crazy busy with school.
Brief run down:
I have four lecture style classes from August until Halloween
I have two clinicals from  August until Halloween
The month of November is designated for practicum {unknown placement yet}
Practicum is were I work as a nurse {without pay} without an instructor or anyone
 I am in class, in clinical, studying, tutoring, or out at the property constantly!
Not much free time anymore.
I will try to blog as much as I can but no promises.
 
 
 
Better three hours too soon, than one minute too late.
William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment