Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rookie of the Year: Blizzard

My day started at 6am with a light snow fall
Then I sat through 6hours of class...

Fun fact of the day:
This is a figure demonstrating the speed that it takes different drug forms to get into your blood stream
Some of you may think this is common sense HOWEVER...
When your mother tells you to suck it up and take the nasty liquid form of Pepto Bismol 
You should probably listen
{mothers know best}

ALSO: effectiveness of a drug is more important than the potency {dosage}! 
Don't let drugs fool you into buying them because of the high dosage!
There is a complex answer behind this that I wont go into but 
Yay for fun facts of the day nursing school style
 
Little did I know there was a blizzard outside in Spokane!
You could not see the building next to you it was so bad
 Thank GOD this was not me today!
For a noob driver I did awesome today at driving!
Rookie of the year award for sure!
 
After engraving my stethoscope with Whitney, 
we embarked on this wintery journey to South Hill ... 
 
It took us about 15 minutes to heat up my car and brush off the half a foot of snow
 but eventually made it back to my apartment alive.
 
After our nice 1.5 hour break of warmth we ventured back to school for clinical lab:
Where we brushed each others teeth, did all sorts of hygiene exercises, 
bed transferring, administering oxygen, bed making with patients in the bed, 
reviewed vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, etc.), & bed bathing.
 
These are things we will perform on an actual patient tomorrow in clinical
I will be waking up at 3:45 AM to get ready for clinical tomorrow...
  Pray that the roads don't kill me tomorrow..
The lights in Spokane are still flashing yellow at this time.
So we will see if I am truly cut out for this nursing thing after all..


"Get use to it, it's life-welcome"-Dominic Rocchi

No comments:

Post a Comment